King Charles has filmed a first-hand account about his journey with cancer, set to air as part of this year's fundraising initiative, run by a leading cancer charity and a major network.
Official sources stated the King would talk about his "recovery journey" as a individual battling cancer, in a video message on this Friday at 8pm UK time.
The recording, recorded at Clarence House two weeks ago, will stress the importance of preventative health checks to ensure more people catch the condition at an early stage.
This represents a uncommon insight on the health of the Sovereign, who has been receiving ongoing care since the news was shared in February 2024. Analysts suggest doubtful the King will disclose his type of cancer.
The awareness initiative each year generates donations for clinical trials and therapies and encourages people to get screenings to improve the chances of an early diagnosis.
The King's public discussion about his health challenge, and his experience as a patient, has been designed to promote education and to encourage more people to get checked - and this will be advanced with this exceptional royal involvement.
So far the King's main approach to his cancer has been to keep working, preserving a full diary in spite of his regular rounds of treatment, and he is understood not to have desired to be characterised by his condition.
This year has seen the 77-year-old Monarch, embarking on several international tours, such as visits to Italy and Canada, and receiving the biggest number of inward state visits to the UK for decades, including the German president in recent days.
This Friday's awareness show on the network, hosted by well-known figures like Davina McCall, Adam Hills and Clare Balding, will encourage people not to be frightened of getting cancer checks.
The hosts have been had experience with cancer - McCall said in November she had received treatment for a tumour, while Balding was diagnosed with the illness in the past. Presenter Hills has previously spoken about his late father, who had one form of cancer and then later leukaemia.
The broadcast will target the approximate millions of people in the UK who Cancer Research UK estimate are not compliant with public health checks, with an digital tool to let people see if they are qualified for tests for several common cancers.
In an effort to clarify screenings and show the benefit of prompt detection there will be a real-time transmission from hospital departments at two Cambridge hospitals in Cambridge.
"I want to remove the anxiety surrounding cancer screening and show everyone that they are not alone in this," commented a presenter.
Currently in the UK, there are a number of national health screening services - for bowel, breast and cervical cancer - offered to eligible individuals.
A emerging preventative initiative is also being phased in for anyone at high risk of developing the condition, primarily aimed at people aged 55-74 years old, who are smokers or were former smokers.
Individuals may request prostate cancer checks, but there is no national programme in place.
The fundraising project, which has generated over one hundred million pounds over the past decade, is financing dozens of medical projects involving many patients.
His Majesty, in a statement for guests at a gathering for related organisations in April, had discussed understanding the "overwhelming and at times frightening reality" for cancer sufferers and their families.
But he said his first-hand encounter of managing cancer had revealed that "periods of great challenge of illness can be brightened by the support of carers," as he commended those who cared for those receiving treatment.
Official sources has not disclosed the specific type of cancer the King has, or the medical care he has undergone. The King's cancer was detected subsequent to he had undergone a routine operation.
A seasoned gambling analyst with over a decade of experience in casino gaming and sports betting strategies.